• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing rear main seal

cobra5

Can't find info and TM doesn't go into detail. I have the bolts removed from the carrier and now I need to know how the carrier comes off. I've been tapping it with a mallet but nothing. How did you guys get them off?

brianp454

Are you asking about the LDT-465 rear main seal? Can you include some pics? Why are you replacing it (assume leaks)?

Can't find info and TM doesn't go into detail. I have the bolts removed from the carrier and now I need to know how the carrier comes off. I've been tapping it with a mallet but nothing. How did you guys get them off?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am about to do that, too. I know that you can just screw a couple of self tapping screws right into the old seal and pull it out with pliers on the screws (no need to even remove the carrier). With the screws out, the carrier should come out with gentle prying.

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled the carrier and replace the seal on my OA-331 gasser. Had to drop the pan. There are picks in my album.
Don't know if the MF is the same.
PB221890.jpg

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks