• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing Sticker on Door

Crawdaddy

Hopefully in the next week or so I'll be getting my first deuce. Paint on it's good, except either DRMO or GL put a sticker on the doors. I hate dealing with paint and bodywork, how in the world do I remove this sticker without doing damage to the paint? The stickers on the doors seem to be a common occurance, so this has to have been covered before, but I did not see any threads on it.

Use a product like "Goof Off" or "Oops", they are made for sticker and paint removal. I have cleaned up many trucks and trailers with it, I have even exposed bumper numbers from under their attempt to black them out. These products work great with CARC. If you end up with some residue, a pressure washer will take it off.

KsM715

:ditto: Put some heat to it and peel it off. Clean up whats left with "goof-off" or similar brand stuff. 3M makes some good stuff in an aresol (sp?) can, just be carefull not to rub to hard, it will take some paint off.

Crawdaddy

Cool. I'll take a hairdryer (or maybe a heat gun??) to it to get most of the sticker off, then follow up with some goof off. Should I use something like a single edged razor blade to grab the edges to start pulling it up, or would some other tool do the job better?

Gastrap

Stickers are easy enough with heat. Mine was covered in chalk/grease pencil markings which were not so easily removed.

Note, be very careful.in choosing weather to use "Goof Off" or "Goo Gone". The.first.removes paint, but does a.terrible job removing adhesive. The second is great with adhesive removal, but not paint. Also, the.first.will melt plactic pretty quick.

Ask me how I know this... oops!

mojeeper

Cool. I'll take a hairdryer (or maybe a heat gun??) to it to get most of the sticker off, then follow up with some goof off. Should I use something like a single edged razor blade to grab the edges to start pulling it up, or would some other tool do the job better?
I would stay away from the heat gun to hot to fast hairdryer will work just fine