• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing stickers from GSA fire trucks..

xenocath

searching.............
i have used a product called release to take baked on stickers off boats and it works pretty good although nothing i have ever tried took out the elbow grease component completely;)

b4thundr

:ditto: OR.......get a 3M eraser wheel from the auto body store it goes in your drill with a arbor (supplied) and that will take off anything! wont hurt the paint, slower speed work better than fast just my option, i worked in a body shop for 10 years. :driver:

rnd-motorsports

I like to use the heat gun like stated.Warm up the sticker and they peel off easyer then just have a little adhesive to clean even still is a job when they use good tape! and if they have been on very long the paint will be faded like the door in the pic. but under the sticker will be brighter.

Hoagie27

Heat gun... warm up the vinyl till its just a little soft and peel it off, then use goo gone and alcohol to clean off the rest of the residue. That's what we used at my fire house when we got the trucks repainted works like a charm.

KsM715

That is on there so whenever the ass driving it hits a rock, tree or other solid object the hood flops up over the windshield and calls the driver an ass....

I figured it was some assistant chiefs truck and they convinced him "ass" was short for assistant and needed to be on there for arial recognition.:)

bigmech

I have purchased several GSA fire trucks with the lettering and such. The heat gun is a great tool unless you haven't done it before or get the least bit distracted . You can blister the paint quickly. A hair heat gun is affective without the greater risk. The WD40 idea has worked in the past. Just do a little bit at a time take lots of breaks. A wheel and some polish will clean it up great when finished.