• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing the blower (fan) shroud on MEP003a

SteveH

Finally getting around to replacing my DC regulator (and checking for more mouse nests), but I can't work out how to get the front blower (fan) shroud to come off.

Note that I have an ASK on the unit, but I don't believe that's the issue:

- I've removed the front (fan) end of the ASK
- I've loosened the injector side of the ASK (so that I can open up the clips on the cover over the injectors
- I've removed all 4 3/8 bolts on the cover over the injector, so I can lift that up
- I've removed all the 1/2 inch bolts around the edge of the shroud
- I've removed the three 3/8 bolts that hold the muffler (shutter) airbox on, and which also pass through the shroud
- I've removed the three bolts that hold the fan guard on (though I don't think I needed to)

The shroud is loose (moves about 1" in all areas except top right), but seems to be hung up on something in the top right area (looking at the fan).

Tried looking online for photos of this area with the cover removed, and can't see any - is there a trick to getting it out? (I'd expected it to slide out 'forwards' once all the bolts were removed...

Thanks,
Steve

SteveH

Found it - there's an extra 3/8 headed bolt on the right (battery) side that bolts to the oil cooler tray. Took that off, and it slide out...

-Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks