• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Renting the Deuce

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's not so much hollyweird priced themselves out, as many states ( michigan included ) are paying them to film there.
This is absolutely, 110% true.

You should see what Georgia is giving away to get all the film action here.

jhooah

Rentedout my WWII 3/4T Command Car for a Wedding once. The Father-in-Law was retired Army and his Daughter was marrying a Navy guy, so he wanted to have an Army sendoff. I made $50, spent the whole afternoon giving rides to all the kids in the wedding, so it turned out strange but fun, especially for them.
Even wore Pinks and Greens w/Sabre and made up a wedding bell front plate for my Generals rank plate holder to add some class.
If you rent it out watch your insurance, if it's blown up, your insurance company will likely not pay a dime...
V/R W Winget

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in a dumb fear mongering apocalyptic piece by the BBC called "After Armageddon." We filmed this roadblock thing where we had the two HMMWVs blocking the road and a bunch of people trying to get past. I think I got $50 and the HMMWVs brought like $500 each. When I finally saw it on TV, it was one of those "Hey, those are my hands!" kind of things. They didn't really much of anything they filmed that day. The movie itself is quite stupid and has you yelling at the TV trying to tell the people who dumb they are.

Attachments

TacticalTruck

Get them to send you an insurance rider listing your truck. Typical antique insurance won't like to hear you were on a production for hire. It's always better to work directly with the production company. You don't have to be union because you are an owner/operator.

Woodsplinter

I was in a dumb fear mongering apocalyptic piece by the BBC called "After Armageddon." We filmed this roadblock thing where we had the two HMMWVs blocking the road and a bunch of people trying to get past. I think I got $50 and the HMMWVs brought like $500 each. When I finally saw it on TV, it was one of those "Hey, those are my hands!" kind of things. They didn't really much of anything they filmed that day. The movie itself is quite stupid and has you yelling at the TV trying to tell the people who dumb they are.
That looks like 6th Ave/Madison looking toward Bank One Ballpark.. Eh?

13 MIKE

They used my Deuce for a month filming the new Red Dawn. I was paid 10 grand. They didn't hurt my truck at all, it was well worth it.