• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

reo m35a2 cemetery

Horst

that is simply the company Reomie in the Netherlands, one of the biggest truck and jeep surplus dealers in Europe. For sure not a graveyard. Actually very helpful people. They send me a part for my HH overnight for free.

reom35a2fluiter

reomie at around 700 reo's always been.
the last years they were going to demolish it.
which is very unfortunate.
The trucks still remain beautiful. Now there are only about 300 to 400 reo's.

it is a good company.

mcmullag

Yes, Ft. Riley is an army base in Kansas, right along interstate 70. 91W350 can better answer that. I just pass by there on road trips. Didn't they add a whole lot of buildings there in the last few years to add more helicopters? I passed by there last summer and saw Chinooks and Blackhawks parked on the tarmac that you could see from the interstate. They are supposed to add 113 helicopters here at Ft. Carson in the next couple years. There was a small campaign of citizens against it and their signs said, " stop the wop, wop". They were not successful in stopping it.

91W350

Yes, Fort Riley is an active military installation. The base is quite large, occupying an area of about 100,650 acres, primarily in Geary and Riley Counties. It was built initially at the western edge of civilization in 1853 to protect commerce and travel on the Oregon and Santa Fe Trails. It is the home of the Big Red 1, the fighting Infantry. Custer was based in Fort Riley at the time of his death at Little Big Horn. It is chocked full of history, hundreds of the 1850's to 1890's limestone buildings are still in use. It is a scenic and beautiful place to visit. For some time there was a lot of concern over downsizing the base and speculators were greedily rubbing their hands together for a shot at some of the prime real estate in the beautiful Flint Hills of Kansas. The amount of construction and number of new buildings going in is staggering. The economy might be bad, but that base sure does not reflect it.

It has a nice museum, worth the stop if you need a break rolling through Kansas on I70. It is right on the western edge of the Flint Hills as they flatten out into the Blue, Saline, Smoky, Solomon, and Republican River Valleys. The rivers all merge near here to become the relatively short Kansas or Kaw River.

I counted a row of trucks in one lot, it was 68 trucks wide and 10 trucks deep. 680 expansible vans in that lot and they have not moved any of them for several years. There are more lots. There is a truck rebuild depot nearby that is currently rebuilding 5 tons, they have been for as long as I can remember. They also have lots full of cargo trucks and tractors. The trucks they have refurbished have been sitting long enough for the paint to fade and neglected long enough for the 1600s to go flat and rot the sidewalls. They just keep stripping and rebuilding though. It is interesting to see them on the recovery trips to GL.

The helicopter wing is growing and they frequently fly to the bombing range west of Salina. We also have an Air Guard Units here with a few helicopters flying around.

I have read that Marshall Field at Fort Riley was the first military airfield. If so, I guess the Air Force can thank Kansas for getting them started. Marshall Army Airfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Glen

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Road trip.....I mean DUKW Trip!!

LOL
Im up for it. There is a guy 2 miles from me a Gunsmith with 2 DUKW'S out front of his shop. I have talked to him a few times and in his eyes the DUKW'S are priceless......I will drive by in a few hours and will post a few pics later.

reom35a2fluiter

I read, there is much history about the fort. it is nice that the fort has remained and is now part used to army trucks to parking.
In the Netherlands by reomie are almost the only deue and a half (2.5 ton trucks) and approximately 50 5-ton trucks. it's all in the weather and that is basically a pity. I think in the Netherlands is much less here than in America, where you can get almost anything of a reo.
there are practical at the fort just 5ton trucks, or even the 2.5 tons trucks?
I also own a m35a2 from the first Gulf War, these are few photographs of the desert storm. If I ever go to America for vacation I'd like to see the fort.
I think it would be nice to be there to see everything

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks