• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

repaint opinion

cucv1833

I got some Rapco paint carc subsitute and plan on repainting my blazer and just wanted a few opinions on the pattern. Should i just keep the pattern on my truck like it is or try to put the Proper pattern on? I would like to have the new pattern but think the one i have now would be easier to do just tracing the lines. this is how it came from the La.N.G.

any thoughts? i cant decide

Attachments

Red_506

Unless you just want to change the looks of the truck I would keep the same pattern, from what I see in your pics it is a typical woodland pattern cammo.

ralbelt

I think your truck looks good. If you decide to change the pattern I would sand and prime the entire truck.
I painted my M1008 solid green using 383 carc Sherwin Williams and in a few places where It was not primed [was sanded] I can see the shading of only where the tan was. The green and black covered without issue.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint

I like the camo pattern as dictated by the TM. It's just as easy to lay a base coat of 383 green and then fresh Brown/black than try to just re-do what you have, and I will look better and be mil spec.
:D

David

J.Z.

Cucv

I like the original camo pattern for the trucks,blazers..That said I am in the process of stripping and painting mine carc 383 sw..solid one color for a while anyways..

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

It really is a matter of opinion. If you want to follow the TM then by all means do it. If you want to go it on your own then that's fine too. The main thing to remember is that it's your truck and you are the only one that has to like it.

F18hornetM

My thought is paint like you like, When i was in the Marines, [early 80's] No two of our trucks or jeeps looked alike anyway...we had no idea what a TM was either.. so much for giving a radio platoon vehicles..LOL we painted them with brushes and followed, loosely whatever color they were.
I saw a comment somewhere on here about being painted by a bunch of hungover 19 year olds,and that about sums it up. :beer:

cucv1833

Thanks guys. I think i will just trace the original pattern with the rapco carc subsitute rattle cans. I just want to fresh it up a little bit. If it turns out like crap i will lay a green base coat and paint as per the TM-43-0209 with a proper spray gun. i was just looking for a few opinions thanks alot guys.

cucv1833

Update- Heres the final product im overall happy with the look and the paint quality. Rapco paint isnt that shiny to me as everyone puts it out to be. The paint on my truck was already decent so the refresher only took 6 cans. I still got some left over for my m101 touch up

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with JZ, Why don't you try 383 carc for a while then decide. 6 cans should do the trick with minimal work on your end.

lindyp38

:!:
My thought is paint like you like, When i was in the Marines, [early 80's] No two of our trucks or jeeps looked alike anyway...we had no idea what a TM was either.. so much for giving a radio platoon vehicles..LOL we painted them with brushes and followed, loosely whatever color they were.
I saw a comment somewhere on here about being painted by a bunch of hungover 19 year olds,and that about sums it up. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks