• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacd new inj. pump, now truck runs terrible, need help guys....

atvcat33

had a crack in the old pump, and i replaced with a military depo rebuild pump. upon installation me and kenny checked the timing mark on the pump under the 4 bolt plate and the mark was 1/4 above the the timing pointer, but so was the old pump still on the motor with the timing mark on the 3rd to top on the harmonic balancer, so we thought the new pump was ready to install. but we did notice the crankshaft gear timing mark did not aline with the inj, hub gear timing mark, but in the TM-dated 1991 that wasnt even covered in the tm. and lator relized that didnt seem to mater as long as the pump timing was right and the harmonic balancer was right,

so after installation.... the truck would not start and cranked till batts. were dead. so i sprayed either and the truck took off instantly and would run on its own but when bought back to idle the truck would run rough, so we bleed each injector doing so word for word in the TM. and the truck still will not idle under 1000 rpms, the hole time the truck was severly smoking a blue gray smoke, when the truck was shut off the truck would not restart unless either or a combination of pedal to the floor and a 10 sec. crank it would finally start.

at this point im stuck and need help, hoping i didnt mess the timing up somwhere, on the road test the smoke never cleared out and power was at a loss and the truck would only idle with the cable locked out. i tried adjusting idle on the pump and made no difference.

all lines are correclty hooked up as well,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
180* out? Are you sure you were on the TDC? Did you check the valves were loose to make sure? It does not need bled. I will call Kenny tomorrow, I was on the way home from Ga rally and slept most of the way.

atvcat33

i assume pulling the valve cover is the way to check to make sure valves are closed??? and out of the 3 timing marks on the harmonic balancer i used the lds-465-1, have a lds-465-1c, so i do belive i had it on the correct mark. it could be 180* out of time, but **** im stumped gimp