• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replaced the 882's in-line filter with this:

nattieleather

RE: Replaced the 882

Nice instillation....but if I was going to do something like that I would have oppted for a spin on fuel filter...like a oil filter but for fuel just spin on and spin off... :)

Carter

Re: RE: Replaced the 882

Elwenil said:
Lol. Honestly, I would consider that more of a pain to change than the stock one.
Yes ,you are correct, removing and changing this would be a pain if removal was necessary, however this filter doesn't need to be changed. The filter bowl does not have to be removed, unbolted or wrenched on, this filter has a bottom drain valve like a radiators petcock and only takes just a couple of seconds to drain and it refills at start up. If the time and gas costs to drive to the auto parts store and buying a new filter is added to the time spent changing the in-line one, the time and money savings seem obvious to me. Carter

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Replaced the 882

Does an 882 have a plastic fuel tank like other Dodge pickups have? Do you have contaminates in your fuel that are a regular problem?

Carter

Re: RE: Replaced the 882

nattieleather said:
Nice instillation....but if I was going to do something like that I would have oppted for a spin on fuel filter...like a oil filter but for fuel just spin on and spin off... :)
Yeah, so would I if I was going to buy a complete filter set-up, spin-on is the way to go, but I had all this crap on hand and had the idea that it might function as a practical free replacement, which it now does. I also have this same kind of filter in my PE 95 K generator set and it has served it's purpose well, I use the 10K set to fully power my home when needed. Carter

Carter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Replaced the 882

doghead said:
Does an 882 have a plastic fuel tank like other Dodge pickups have? Do you have contaminates in your fuel that are a regular problem?
The tank is plastic like the others and no I usually have no contamination problems but a local gas and go did and I got a large charge of rusty water and had to remove, drain and clean the tank and figured at that time I'd install this so if it it ever should happen again from some other gas gtation, (I've stopped going to that gas and go) the filter would'nt be instantly overloaded with crap. Carter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks