• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replaced the brake system drier, now no pressure at gauges

Reworked LMTV

I recently replaced the brake system drier on my m1088. Prior to loosening the bolts for the old brackets, the system built pressure. When I did a test of the system, before the final bolt down, the gauges showed no air pressure. Maybe it is a grounding issue? I saw some grounding straps around some of the air valves. Do these valves and controls need a ground? Also, what does the small air line do? I think it goes to the compressor regulator or something.

Reworked LMTV

Well Suprman was right. The hoses were reversed. It can be confusing.

The new Haldex drier from Suprman has one feature I really like, a softer release of the air. Thus, it is much quieter in my neighborhood.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new Haldex drier from Suprman has one feature I really like, a softer release of the air. Thus, it is much quieter in my neighborhood.
I kind of like the old style explosive release better... It made the cat jump more than the new one. :D

The new style drier works much better though.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Depending on how the governor is set, with the new dryer you might be down a psi or two. Shouldn't make any real difference. If the pressure is too low to trip the ctis switch you may have to turn it up a tad. Above they wanted a bit more powerful moisture dump out the bottom of the dryer. A bit higher pressure should do that.

Ok, got it, I will watch the brake air pressure gauges on dash and see what they pump up to, if they do need more air how do I increase pressure? Not sure where governor is located

Seth

Reworked LMTV

Ok, got it, I will watch the brake air pressure gauges on dash and see what they pump up to, if they do need more air how do I increase pressure? Not sure where governor is located

Seth
Governor is on the compressor at the engine. Mine did not require any adjustment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks