• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement access doors for MEP-803a

1800 Diesel

Are these access door panels available for purchase separately? How about just the twisting lock assemblies? The part I am looking for is the right hand door (if you are standing at the operator panel). Just got another 803a in, and the upper lock assembly was broken in transit by the carrier, so I am filing a claim.

Thanks for your help.
You didn't buy that one at RAFB yesterday that looked like it fell off a two-story building, did you?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I didn't buy anything yesterday. Too rich for my blood. I'll wait a bit to see if prices cool off.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But someone got a 10k for a real fair price yesterday morning, before the pricing went thermonuclear again. Lucky.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are a good man, Charlie Brown. I've got a sheet metal guy who was waiting on me to send panel... talk about making life easier​.

Demoh

Well dang, this is amazing. I also have a sheet metal shop that primarily does aluminum and stainless (friend's dad's shop, happens to be where I am storing all my generators.)

Do you happen to have the front doors under the control panel? I have a unit the guys in albany drove a forklift through the doors.

Hello smoken joe
Looking for the door on the same side as the fuel filler from the back it's the left side (mep 803a ). Looking at the IPB it's the right door. If you have one how much with shipping ?
Thanks Jerry Patenaude

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Jerry,

We always say, control panel end is the rear. Every military gen set is so. You want the door on the right side, as seen from the rear of the set? Right?

smokem joe

Thank you have a great 4TH Smokem Joe
Thanks Jerry Patenaude
Hope you had a good one yourself! I have that door in good condition. I can send you pics if you want them. PM me your address so I can figure out shipping this. Just due to size I can't imagine it is cheap though. The last panels I sold the buyer happened to come into my area and I met him with the panels as it was pretty expensive to ship.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks