• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacement body panels

notsosanestan

anyone know where the best place to get a quality replacement panel? i have gotten stuff from J.C whitney and was not impressed what so ever

topgun217

I had the same question. My rear lower wheelwell panels are in need of repair. I'll have to check "year One". If not I may have to stick with LMC.

Does anyone know if the window cranks from LMC have improved quality wise?

topgun217

Thanks for the replys I got. Never heard of "year one" or Goodmark. I think I way go that way instead of LMC. I have ordered from them b4 and got screwed on shipping. They sent a 4" item in a box that could have held 10 football's inflated........Thanks again troops!

Speedwoble

FWIW, you can go to a local body shop and buy the aftermarket fenders that LMC carries and not have to pay near the shipping. Most large cities have warehouses for the bodyshops and they all get delivery from these warehouses for much less than the shipping from LMC. I got a hood for the same price I would have paid online and I didn't have to pay shipping. That said, LMC's catalog is very useful and Goodmark makes good stuff.

tankie88

So far i've had a new front fender(made in taiwan),rocker panels(made in taiwan),oil filter(mexico),Brake pads(mexico),rear spring shackles(taiwan). Is the US going the same way as us here in England.Everything made in Taiwan/China?

The YETI

J.C. Whitney and LMC are crap!!! Goodmark is just above there junk. Ive rebuilt more of these trucks then i can remember. Try to find good used original gm stuff. If thats not a option look for taiwan stuff made by gordons that stuff fits really well for imported panels and is thicker than the rest of the taiwan panels out there. And anything CAPA certified isnt that bad either.

biglerboyz

LKQ panels

the body shop down the road from me that I work at doing his mechanical work gets all his body parts from LKQ may check them out ( lkqcorp.com ) [thumbzup]
LKQ has basically the nicest sheet metal available other than genuine GM. There panels are oe equivalent in quality. Just make sure you get the CAPA certified panels, they aren't much more money and the seconds or cheaper panels do not fit. We use well over a hundred LKQ panels a year and they are the best aftermarket available as long as you get the certified ones. Even if you are paying retail, you will save over lmc and year one as they deliver to bodyshops for free. (Free Daily delivery to our shop any way) Also, be sure to have the body shop inspect them for damage and refuse them if there are any dents or damage. The truck below has LKQ front fenders, as there weren't any more gm available in the country.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks