• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement CTIS pressure switch

FMTVowner

Has anyone found a substitute for the air pressure switch that mounts to the wet tank and allows CTIS to begin airing tires? I am unable to find a replacement through the usual places.

Its number 12 in the picture.
Part # 12417381
NSN # 5930-01-372-9484
Look at partdeal.com part #76075 100 psi pressure switch. It’s less than $50. These assholes like MW wanting to charge almost $500 for a simple pressure switch. You buying parts from the same place I am, I know you probably paid $5 each for them.

RRaulston

Problem solved! After reading the post of another member where he mentioned having to turn his governor up to 28 psi to get switch to work, I also tried it. It worked, for now. Maybe switch is failing and that's why it needed more pressure to close. Regardless it bought me some time. And I'm happy to report the CTIS system works flawlessly. I had been checking tire pressure for last couple weeks so knew no leaks there. Looks like this truck is going to be a keeper. Now to find a stupid door latch so my door will actually stay closed!
I thought mine was bad as well. I had to turn up my air compressor governor to 125 PSI and the entire CTIS system started working. I put a gauge on the wet tank and was initially getting 110psi. The switch activates at 117psi I believe. If you never air up to 117, the system never activates... and yes, my dash gauges were pegged..

Ronmar

Look at partdeal.com part #76075 100 psi pressure switch. It’s less than $50. These assholes like MW wanting to charge almost $500 for a simple pressure switch. You buying parts from the same place I am, I know you probably paid $5 each for them.
That sw wont work... the sw used closes at 117 and doesnt open again until 89. The controller uses this 30 psi dead-band/span info to control its filling cycles, so any old pressure sw wont work...

You can get close with a 90-120 psi compressor control sw($20-30), which is a common enough part that has that 30 psi span, but I have not Found one with inverse contacts. Those switches close at 90 and open at 120 to control an electric compressor, which is opposite what is required to control CTIS. You can invert the output with a relay though($5)...

Last edited:

Ronmar

Ooh ooh ooh, remember when I said i had not found a air compressor switch with the right contact polarity? While looking for something else, I stumbled across this AC&R low pressure cutout switch. Unless it is a typo, It opens at 90PSI and closes at 120 which would be the correct orientation and close to the correct pressures for a CTIS Sensor/switch. You would need a 1/4” flare to NPT adapter…

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooh ooh ooh, remember when I said i had not found a air compressor switch with the right contact polarity? While looking for something else, I stumbled across this AC&R low pressure cutout switch. Unless it is a typo, It opens at 90PSI and closes at 120 which would be the correct orientation and close to the correct pressures for a CTIS Sensor/switch. You would need a 1/4” flare to NPT adapter…

SWEEEEEEEEET !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks