• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Deuce

ronfry261

Hey all. Its been quite a while since I posted up on SS. Looks like I have found a truck to replace my '52 GMC XM211 that I lost in the High Park Fire last year. Its a 1971 Kaiser M35A2 and comes with an M105A1 trailer. Leaving saturday to pic her up and drive her to CA for a first stop, road check. Then will work out the logistics to drive her to CO. Will post up info on the trip and truck condition, including pictures after
I get her to CA.

P1010064.jpgP1010065.jpg

Thanks for all the support from everyone after the fire.

ron

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you pull the winch from the M211 before you scrapped it? I did not look too bad. Glad you found another great truck.

ronfry261

I have not pulled the winch yet. She still sits up there. I had to do some travelling and have not been able to get the vehicles off the mountain yet. I will be checking into the winch, on the chance it is salvageable.

Ron

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are you picking the truck up and where in CA are you taking it?

ronfry261

I went to Washington to look at the truck over the weekend. This truck is an awesome truck. Everything was there, covers, troops seats, tools, etc. It is parade ready. However, I had to turn down the purchase. I am really looking for
a truck that I can use for moving the vehicles and burnt wood on my property. I was worried that I would end up destroying such a nice truck, well, at least the back of it.

They guy really didnt want to sell it either. He was being the consummate gentleman and let me come see and would have let my purchase, but he really didnt want to get rid of her. He has a great machine there and I think
is going to be very happy that he didnt sell.

The search continues. Hoping to find something in Colorado, with winch, no canvas covers.

Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks