• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Engine

So how hard is the engine swap. :?:

I pulled the radiator, and started labeling the wiring aand various other conections. My replacement motor has the clutch installed already so my plan is to pull the old motor and tranny. remount my tranny to the replacement motor and reinstall them as one unit.

It's not that hard. I did mine a couple of years ago but you have a trump card, I didn't know steelsoldiers existed and had no help or knowledge whatsoever on duece engines. It only took me 10 days at 3-4 hrs a day to pull 2 engines and combine them to make one good one of course I was too stupid to label the wiring so that ate up some time.

Good luck.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much does the deuce engine/tranny combo weigh?
I was wondering the same thing, when I pulled that motor and tranny my 763 Bobcat couldn't lift it without a counterweight. Good thing I had a Goodyear G286 next to the garage that worked perfect! Chained it to the back and I was able to lift the combo.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats why you need a second deuce. No need to label anything, just look at the other for referance. Then again, maybe thats why I have one low beam on with one high beam on, on the opposite side while driving! :oops:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why label the wires? Just compare the aluminum tag number on the wire to the schematic and you're done.:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks