• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Fuel Tank

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I learned something new today. Because the K30 frame slopes downward towards the front, beginning at the rear of the cab, the front tank bracket is shorter, and the position of the press-nuts are at 2:00 on the right of the bracket and 8:00 on the left side. When I went to test-fit the front bracket on the passenger side, I discovered that the press-nuts were in the wrong place. I always wondered why there were extra holes in the bracket, and now I know. GM used the same bracket for both sides, but the press-nuts are oriented differently for each side. I thought at first I would need to source a different bracket for the passenger side, however all I really needed to do is to add new press-nuts in the 10:00/left and 4:00/right holes. I ordered new press-nuts from McMaster, item #95185A320, pack of 5 for $7.06 plus postage. Here's a couple photos. The original front bracket for the left showing the original position of the press-nuts, and then the same bracket with new press-nuts installed in the correct holes. I got the new press-nuts started on my bench and then pressed them into place with my big Wilton vice. Worked like a charmIMG_4430.jpgIMG_4453.jpg -

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks