• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Parts for MEP-002a

jamawieb

First, is it the fuel cut off solenoid shutting the unit down? Or is it starving for fuel because of a blockage or weak fuel pumps?

DieselBob

Something to check also is the vent for the fuel tank cap. Mine froze closed from corrosion and a vacuum formed in the fuel tank and shut down the engine. At first I wasn't sure what the heck was going on because after sitting for a while it would start back up and run for another 20 ~ 30 minutes. Went to check the fuel level the last time it did it in case the fuel level gauge was not working and couldn't get the darn cap off.

Macondo

Hello from the South to you people,
I will like to ask about replacement part for my 002a (hope no break any rule) if the injectors of the Onan civilian genset fit and works in our 002a? If yes, do I have to calibrate, etc?
Thanks !!!

Guyfang

Staff member
I am having some issues with my Mep002a. I started it and it would run for about 20 minutes and dies each time. I bypassed the oil switch and that didn't solve the problem. I attempted to remove the temperature switch to inspect and clean it up and it broke off. So I jumped the wires and now the generator only runs for a couple of minutes before it dies. I am just trying to pinpoint the issue. Obviously, now I need to replace the temperature switch, but since jumpingthe wires did not solve the issue , I think I need to be looking elsewhere. Thank you
Why don't you start a new thread. Too many people on this thread, working too many different problems, from different people. If you start a new one, then people can help you out much better.

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you talking about the Fuel cutoff solenoid? Do you mean its bad? Or do you mean something else is telling the fuel cutoff solenoid to de-energize?