• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Steering Wheel or Restoration

niferous

Ok the steering wheel in my truck is pretty dingy and when it hasn't been driven in a while starts to develop some kind of green algae like stuff on it. So I've been looking at buying a replacement. GM still makes the steering wheel that goes in our truck (GM 9762307) but it's around $270! My steering wheel is in good shape but even if I can get all that stuff off it's still very faded. I've seen some restoration kits in JC Whitney and at Eastwood. Has anyone had any success with them or can you recommend one over the other?

Cucvnut

mine is the same way its gross and faded and covered with grime. i just put a 10 dollar steering wheel cover on it and its all better. I still want to get a new one some day i just agree with you about spending 270 bucks for a new ones.

1984CUCV

I bought a new/used Grant steering wheel of ebay ($30) and I love it. I still have the factory one that is in great shape but I like the Grant one better.

wikallen

Try a junk yard? Should be plenty to choose from. You could even put one in from like a late 80s, early 90s in there. Check full size vans too, as they are probably the same wheel.