• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement voltage suppressor passenger side

turnertmb91

Where do I find, a suppressor for the passenger alternator on a 24volt 1985 M1009 K5 blazer it is the suppressor that the extra battery charge goes into. The one on it was bad, and failed burning my wires. Replaced wires but can't find a replacement suppressor, it is not the noise suppressor. If it can't be purchased can it be made?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about the capacitor on the inside or the one on the outside of the alternator?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is only used for the military radios. Not needed for everyday ay use.

turnertmb91

Not the sound suppressor,,,sound dampener,,I'm looking for the suppressor that absorbs the excess volts coming of the battery to the starter through the alternator, through the suppressor to the starter. The TM calls it a voltage suppressor.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the Fusible Links 101 thread in the CUCV Helpful Threads sticky. It covers what you are talking about. The item you are talking about is just a plastic housing for the connector that joins the regular wire and the fusible link wire.

Last edited:
You dont need to buy a new one. Just cut out and put in a new section of fusible link wire with solderless connectors. I have gen 2 problems where I got no dash light and gen wasn't charging and that link was burned out. You can get a package of link wire in autozone 3ft for 7 bucks and you only need 6 inches. just get a gauge that is 2 sizes smaller then the wire you are protecting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks