• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing 9x20 NDT with regular truck tires

TommyG45

Hey guys,

I am looking for a little advice on replacement road tires for the deuce. I would very much like to remove the NDTs and replace with street truck tires, but after lookiing through many many threads on the site, here is what I am looking to do:

The M35 will be driven mostly on the road, no real off roading to speak of.

I would like to keep my original rims for the only reason to keep cost under control.

Don't want to do a super single conversion at this time.

I have been doing some searches on 9X20 tires but come up pretty dry. What should I be searching on? Has anyone else ever put non NDT tires on stock rims? I don't need or really want an aggressive tread, somoething that will ride well on the road would be ideal for me.

Thanks in advance.

TG

waayfast

Hi, I have a 1957 Curtis-Wright M35 gasser with a set of Goodyear 'Custom Extra Grip Hi-Miler' 9.00x20 that came on the truck.These are very aggressive mud and snow.It seems to drive/ ride nice ( Disclaimer- I've never drove any thing with NDT's so I can't honestly compare---)

rmgill

I'd almost say to take the truck to a couple of shops that have 1100x20 tires and see what they have on hand for a deal. You might get lucky and get some interesting tires for a good price. Seeing what they have is also a good idea.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Berg tire and see if they have any Goodyear or Firestone 11x20's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks