• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing a needle on a fuel gauge

alburms311

So my fuel gauge stopped working, showed around 1/4 of a tank when full. I went through the TMs, followed the directions, and everything pointed to a faulty gauge. I was able to get a take off gauge from a fellow member here(free of charge) the only thing wrong with it was the needle was broken off. I put the take off gauge on to verify that was in fact the problem, and it was. My bad fuel gauge had a good needle on it, the good fuel gauge has no needle on it...here's how to fix that.The needle assembly(orange plastic piece, that's what I'm calling it) will pull off of the gauge with a pair of Kleins or similar tool. Be gentle...the first part to come off is the orange plastic piece, the next piece is a metal sleeve like piece that fits onto the gauge itself, and the the needle assembly fits onto this piece. See pics below. And just so I know, can anyone tell me exactly what inside the fuel gauge goes bad? I plan on destroying mine sometime this weekend to try and see.

Attachments

Artisan

I have painted needles w/ blaze orange model paint
but never pulled one apart.

So you have 1 upped me here! HA!

You sure you can't just grab a 20 dollar gauge someplace?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks