• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing Belts on an M52A2?

AaronHorrocks

So as long as I have the radiator out, I decided to replace the aging belts.

Currently, my server is down, so I don't have access to my library of ETMs.

The generator belts were easy enough to remove, but I can't get the belt off for the compressor. Do either of these pulleys come off easy? How the heck do you replace this belt? aua

machinist75

You need a set of compressor wrenches. Cc surpluss has them, I've seen people use two pipe wrenches. Loosen the bolts on the front of the pulley first.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the same as deuce. Your pic shows the bolts still in place on the compressor pulley. Loosen those, and apply some penetrating lube, and use whatever wrenches and unscrew the outer part of the pulley.

AaronHorrocks

It is the same as deuce. Your pic shows the bolts still in place on the compressor pulley. Loosen those, and apply some penetrating lube, and use whatever wrenches and unscrew the outer part of the pulley.
I said that I removed all of the bolts. I did.

I took that photo for reference, before I began any work. Since that photo, I removed the fan, removed the bolts and plate from the crank pully, marked and loosened the bolt to the alternator, removed both of those belts... Then got stuck.

I have found cc surplus, and have ordered the correct tools.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks