• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing Deuce air tanks/Hints and Suggestions please.

Scrounge41

I took my '73 M109A3 for a spin on Memorial Day and when I returned to my house, cooled it off and shut it down I heard an air leak. Crawled underneath and realized I had a pinhole in one of my tanks. Rather than gamble on take outs, I got 2 NOS tanks. I searched the forums and didn't find any posts on switching out the tanks. Of course I have downloaded the manuals, but I thought I'd pose the question of whether anyone had tips or tricks on the swap out or if there is anything else that should or would be easier at this time. Thanks all.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it has a pinhole that has come all the way through, there are probably thousands of others just waiting their turn. Replacing the tanks will entail far less work.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty easy task. Spray the tank clamp hardware with PBS Blaster, disconnect all the plumbing and relax an air line or two and they come right out. Tough part is sitting under the truck. You can weld patch the leaker, however you most likely have another leak down the road. Install an auto drain valve in the primary tank.

Scrounge41

As I said in the first post, I already have the new old stock tanks as I did not want to risk the same problem with installing used tanks or by repairing the existing tanks. It looked to be pretty straight forward. I had already installed a retrofit government issued pull cable drain valve. Thanks for your input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks