• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing engine bracket?

Sp0okfish

One of my engine brackets(the one actually attached to the block) is broken got the new one just wondering when picking the motor up if anything such as fuel lines etc. need to be removed. So that they wont break when picking up motor.

Thanks

Barrman

What bracket are you replacing and how high do you plan to lift the engine?

The fan will hit the shroud before the fuel line gets tight. The exhaust might hit about that time too.

Sp0okfish

Its the passenger side "motor mount" its the part that has the three bolts attaching it to the block. I was assuming I am going to have to pick the motor up 4-5". The motor is easily accessable as I have the cab off and the whole front clip.

dirtdiver

Hey, I have some fresh memories of swapping motors, as I have just completed this task. If youre wanting to just lift one side, its probably ok because the other motor mount will flex a bit. You may want to take off the tranny bolts on the crossmember and lift the tranny as well, supporting with a jack. I am assuming you also have an engine lift or cherrypicker of some sort.? If so, and from the passenger side, you won't have a good lifting point so youll have to make one. The lifting bracket is on the front driver side and rear passenger side of the block up on top. Happy hunting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks