• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing fuel filter

I'm soon gonna replace the fuel filter in my M998, and I noticed that inside the filter itself, there's also a little white plastic cylinder with a fine net all round, which I suppose is the separator

Do I necessarily need to replace it with a new part as well or can I just take it just and give it a clean?
(I'm gonna attach an image to make sure we are on the same path, the part in the red circle is the one I'm referring to)
1685198575397.png

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did this I bought a kit that had everything. Not sure it is worth doing piecemeal. Just google: HUMVEE FUEL WATER SEPARATOR FILTER M998 4330-01-189-0889 And Main Fuel filter A910162 come with the orings usually.

At the time I bought this last year, there was no HUMVEE tax on this particial part kit where normally a $20 is $200 with only $50 shipping added for good measure.

Last edited:

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would check that you get the Kydon manufactured fuel filters (it should have their CAGE code on the box, ideally from the known vendors that sell mainly OEM parts, even AMG sells it), as there are so many others selling Chinese fakes as OEM.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm soon gonna replace the fuel filter in my M998, and I noticed that inside the filter itself, there's also a little white plastic cylinder with a fine net all round, which I suppose is the separator

Do I necessarily need to replace it with a new part as well or can I just take it just and give it a clean?
(I'm gonna attach an image to make sure we are on the same path, the part in the red circle is the one I'm referring to)
View attachment 898140
If the truck is "new to you" I would replace it initially then wash it out, not "brush" it out as long as it looks ok or for a couple more changes, Its the water seperator. Fuel will pass thru and the water should accumulate in the bottom of the filter. Drain it regularly into a clear container , let it settle and eyeball the bottom for water. If you are new to diesels a fuel treatment can be added if you have regular water in the fuel. It kills bacteria that grows in the fuel tank. And anti gel for the cold weather "if" it gets cold in Parma Italy. My two cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks