• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing fule filters,process

JeremyB

Hello all.
I am wanting to replace my Fule filters now that I have a new deuce and can't locate the TM that covers the process. I was wondering If anyone knew the TM# that I could locate said info?

That or just some info from your experiences, like how to get the primary fule filter housing offaua and bleed the secondary filters when replaced?

Thank you

ranchand

First of you are looking for FUEL filters. lol but seriously it should be in the tm that ends in -20 on the right upper hand corner of your dash

Capt.Marion

To clarify what the above poster said, there should be a dataplate at the top righthand (passenger side) of the dash in your truck that lists the TMs that apply to it.

The one that will cover changing the fuel filters is the one that ends in "-20," which, if I'm not mistaken, is the Organizational Maintenance Manual...

If you look under the resources tab at the top of the page, you can get the TMs online here.

Or just get a $20 CD from militarymedia that has them all on it...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a canned message I use related to deuce TMs

Educate oneself by reading the TM.s We have made them available free of charge here on Steel Soldiers. Go to the top, click on resources then scroll down to technical manuals. Once there search for TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20 as starters. Right click on them and save them to your computer for best results. The -10 is the operators and the -20 is the unit maintenance manual. You can also grab the TM 9-2320-361-34, TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P. That completes that series of TM. All of the 209 manuals are a different series.

JeremyB

First of you are looking for FUEL filters. lol but seriously it should be in the tm that ends in -20 on the right upper hand corner of your dash
YA,fuel...Sorry,I was not too worried about the spelling as my 4yo was slamming her knee into my crotch as she jumped into my lap.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'll give you some insight the TM won't.

The bolt that holds the primary filter is under the alternator.....it was designed by an idiot after consulting with a group of morons.

You may have to loosen the alt to get to it.....sometimes you get lucky and can get the wrench in there and have room to swing it. A stubby wrench is recommended.

Loosen the bolt until it comes out of the filter canister....DO NOT spin the can if you can help it. Wiggle the can until the seal breaks loose and remove it from the bottom. If your can has a drain on it drain the fuel out first to keep from slopping it on you. If the gasket comes out you will have to replace it with the one that came with the filter.....if you bought an after market filter from NAPA or the other usual suspects the gasket may not fit. This is a beotch to do upside down and in the dark. Make sure the gasket is seated and the edge of the can is not pinching it....there must be a good seal or it will leak.

Clean the can out good and put the new filter in....it will be a short filter....and put it back in the groove (if you did not have to replace the gasket) and run the bolt back in till it is snug.....DO NOT spin the can.

Once the bolt is snug you can tighten it up with the wrench.

This works almost the same on the secondarys except that they are easier to get to unless there is a heater in the way. Getting new gaskets to seat on them is even more of a pain than the primary because they are so close together. If your old seals are intact and dont leak you are ahead of the game. You can remove the fuel filter mount and replace the gaskets if it is too hard to do in place....I have done it both ways and the frustration factor is about equal. You have to make sure the lines are replaced correctly.

You can put the cans back in without filling them with fuel since you can use the bleeder valve on top of the mount to bleed the air out (assuming your in-tank fuel pump is working).

It is a lot less messy than trying to manuver the cans back in while slopping fuel all over you and the truck.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks