• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing horn

twisted60

Hi
Need to replace the stock horn and wonder what some have come up with as a good horn to use.

Ken
I’d see if you can get an air horn, I’m going to look into that when I get back from current trip.

I’ll post if I find something will do a good job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoeJrTheBarber

I’d see if you can get an air horn, I’m going to look into that when I get back from current trip.

I’ll post if I find something will do a good job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a air horn setup for my Humvee I have yet to install. Came from a company out of the "lone star" state and was made per my request.
10 gallon air tank, 24volt compressor, wiring, 150psi switch, and a 35'' single air horn. I had a similar setup on my old turn diesel Ford Excursion and was a blast.
Plan to wire it to the stock horn button so I don't have to mess with different switches and keeps the install clean. Will post a thread on it when I get around to installing it.

riderdan

I don't know how rural it is where you live, but when I added an air horn to my truck when I lived in the city, I kept the original horn and had it wired up so that I could select which horn sounded when I hit the button. That way I could give a "polite" beep when someone was sitting through a green light, but blast someone if they were about to run into me.

Personally I like the little roadrunner "meep meep" of the stock horn--it makes people smile when they wave and this tough looking military truck beeps like a VW bug. I'll admit I have thought about a similar dual-horn setup for my HMMWV... The tactical horn really doesn't get a nitwit's attention the same way a diesel locomotive horn would.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also added an air horn on the splash guard, fairly easy, just mount an extra button. I did keep the original one.

IMG_2047.JPG

Awol

Personally I like the little roadrunner "meep meep" of the stock horn--it makes people smile when they wave and this tough looking military truck beeps like a VW bug. I'll admit I have thought about a similar dual-horn setup for my HMMWV... The tactical horn really doesn't get a nitwit's attention the same way a diesel locomotive horn would.
I was just going to suggest the Roadrunner horn, but you beat me to it!

Meep Meep!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks