• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing lift pump

Rrent

I have a new (Hillbilly Wizard) lift pump in-coming. My truck is at my business 40 miles from my home garage. I’m trying to gather up everything I might need. What size/lengths of gas line should I have on hand? RTV and grease (to hold the shaft out of the way)… any other supplies, I haven’t thought of?48DFD512-A92A-416F-8193-B5D24A493B3E.jpeg

Barrman

5/8 and 11/16 flare nut wrenches for the solid fuel line.

15mm socket for the solid fuel line holder halfway up the front of the engine

1/4" drive sockets have done me well for the actual mount bolts. Swivel sockets work well too.

A stool or something to stand on for trying to do the stuff on top.

Flattened card board box for the underneath work.

There is a company selling brand new flexible fuel hoses for 1975 vintage Corvettes. Exact same part number as the CUCV fuel hose.

Rrent

5/8 and 11/16 flare nut wrenches for the solid fuel line.

15mm socket for the solid fuel line holder halfway up the front of the engine

1/4" drive sockets have done me well for the actual mount bolts. Swivel sockets work well too.

A stool or something to stand on for trying to do the stuff on top.

Flattened card board box for the underneath work.

There is a company selling brand new flexible fuel hoses for 1975 vintage Corvettes. Exact same part number as the CUCV fuel hose.
Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for. I’m going to clean it up and track the lines this weekend. Should have the pump by next weekend - all the fun.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does the 6.2 need a dab of petrolatum to hold the shaft in place?
That is an amazing "shop trick" to hold that rod in place for sure!
Great part is that it washes away after a few miles of run time too...

cucvrus

Make sure you get the cover plate gasket and start every bolt and fitting first before tightening any of them. You can do 99% of the job top side. And as easy as it is to remove Gen it sure beats having dirt and oil in your face. I have encountered a few that the 3/8 pump bolts were seized in the housing and ended up breaking the fuel pump off and replacing the bolts after I man handled them to get them out. Be careful and it should be a fairly easy job. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks