• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing plastic fuel lines, where to buy?

meindl

Can I get the plastic fuel lines at my local Napa or Auto Value? If not, is there a locally available replacement? Copper lines? Do the ferrels fit the same?
Found a pinhole leak where they were touching.
Thanks Meindl

wsucougarx

From my understanding, those plastic fuel lines are nothing more than air lines. Just take a piece of your worn lines into NAPA for them to match it. You'll also need to get new brass inserts fir the lines.

Last edited:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used air lines. The standard hardware store type ferrules had to be modified on the back side with a dremel tool so they would seat far enough into the fitting. No problems, low cost.

meindl

Yeah

Looks like I will have to make my own. The local Napa had only hydraulic fittings and hoses available. No one in our town had ferrels like these either. Just standard plumbing brass. Standard brake air line was good to 120 psi and o.d. fine, but the i.d. would not work with the ferrels and inserts I have. Copper may be the way to go, but looks as if I will have to replace all elbows also.
Buggah! Will have to mull this one over a bit.
Thanks, Meindl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks