• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing spring in a springer seat with a air bag ?

KsM715

Why replace the spring? It has an adjustment to make it stiffer or lighter. Just asking.

Its not that hard to do just take it apart making note of how it goes together. (ive taken one apart to clean it up, not hard at all.)

Csm Davis

Why replace the spring? It has an adjustment to make it stiffer or lighter. Just asking.

Its not that hard to do just take it apart making note of how it goes together. (ive taken one apart to clean it up, not hard at all.)
Because at 350lbs the spring gets squashed no matter how tight you turn the handle :shock::(

quickfarms

How high is the spring seat base from the floor to the seat slide rails.

If you ask around at the truck parts places you can find out who is parting out trucks. If you get the seats that have torn upholstery they usually only charge for base. You can then have the seats reupholstered.

jw4x4

I did it. Used my stock 932 seat base, removed the coil spring, replaced with a Bostrom air bag. New HMMWV seat with the med kit compartment. I posted a thread, don't know how to link it (yet).

Search for a thread entitled "932A1 seat upgrade"

Last edited:

goldneagle

I order my seats from a truck recycling yard in WI. He ships the whole seat through UPS Ground. I'm on my third air ride seat upgrade. (3rd truck)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks