• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing the air tanks on 809 series trucks

bugei

has anyone replaced the air tanks on their 809 series truck with after market tanks? fiberglass? aluminum? steel?

where do you source them? good idea?

thanks
dan

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you just trying to get more air volume or is there something wrong with the ones on the truck? Larger tanks would be a help if you were running a lot of air tools. Otherwise I don't see much need.

If you need stock replacements there are several members and some parts yards that would have them.

bugei

i am trying to "replace" the old tanks the bottom one is pinholing, and i suspect that's not good

so i either need to find "nos", or if there is a commercial replacement that is better...

if somebody has some, contact me PLEASE

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
try googling the nsn?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am trying to "replace" the old tanks the bottom one is pinholing, and i suspect that's not good

so i either need to find "nos", or if there is a commercial replacement that is better...

if somebody has some, contact me PLEASE
I've got a bunch of new tanks, but I think they're for the PLS. Should be easy to adapt. ....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks