• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing/Upgrading troop seats in the Deuce

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, M35A2 and A3 are the same.

The M35A2C and M35A3C are dropside versions. These will work in the standard M35A2 or A3. Not to be confusing you but the standard A2 or A3 will work with the dropside but has some limitations.

You might want to look at the -24P parts manual to see the differences between the dropside and standard bed sideracks.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Carnac, I figured that was the case being the same frame and same length of bed. I just wanted to double check.

Waynard

Adding this for those that may stumble into this old thread like I did.

The original seat slats in my 1968 deuce were oak, most likely white oak. Red oak will not stand up to weather. White oak is very rot resistant. (It's what they built the old battleship USS Constitution out of). To get the strongest pieces, you'll want what is called quarter-sawn boards. Yes, those WILL cost more.

All that said, I'm hoping somebody can point me to a current source for fiberglass or aluminum slat material.

• Love
Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks