• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing windows in M109.

sarge_3ad

I am converting the van to a camper and thinking of having camper slider windows built for my M109 van. I would screw the outer frames in place so I can continue to use the blackout shields. Anyone else here ever did this? Is it pricey?

sarge_3ad

I have been looking on the internet for RV windows and it seems that these square type, (24hX21w) windows have to be custom built. I requested a quote from one place and they came back with a quote of over $800 per window. To heck with that!

So I called a local camper factory, (small one in a very small town, and I've known the owner for years), and he said that no one makes that size of camper window. The closest is a 24"x18". However, he makes alot of auctioneer boothes that go into a back of a pickup, and he told me of a local Amish guy who builds these windows for the auctioneer booths.

I have contacted this Amish guy, and we are going to set a time to meet. So the story continues. I will post more as we go along.

Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks