• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repli-tub

Tuna406

Are repli-tubs worth the money? My USMC M38a1 body is unrecoverable, so I have to do something…I (and my friends) have the metal working skills to fix a few mis-drilled holes and such, but I’m not sure how much time it’ll take, of course. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance…

exhogflyer

You'd have to determine yourself if the work and cost would make sense. I'm not sure if there are any replica tubs for an M38A1.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am considering same thing for my M38A1 as well.,. Where and who made the tub must be considered .. Years ago I put an "economy" tub on a CJ7 and right from the start a number of important things did not line up properly. From previously working with aftermarket truck fenders, I expected bolt holes to not be quite right, and there were more than a few including at the fender joints... But those aside, there are a couple inconveniences that have been tolerated ever since, such as the (OEM) windshield frame is no longer in a proper mating line with the (OEM) doors placed on the aftermarket tub (meaning, the front edge of the door seal doesn't hit anything) and the lift hatch gasket no longer seals the "tailgate" area .. The OEM hardtop does not line up 100% correctly with the aftermarket tub because we eventually learned the tub is a couple inches shorter than OEM o_O... Of course I won't have a "hardtop alignment" problem with my particular M38A1, but still I would be very picky about who made the prospective tub .. There are fiberglass ones and steel ones available out there for the M38A1 .. If you want quality, expect to pay dearly for it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks