• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repro Body Panels

panzerjunky

Does anyone have a source for reproduction M151A1 body repair panels I have tried to find Jeep panels plus but No web site Florida tactical supply dont look to have them and TNJ murray Just has a frustrating web site.
There was a post on this board of a gentelman reworking a M151A2 that looked like swiss cheese he had some repro panels and when done it looked beautiful.
Thanks Jerry

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Florida Tactical supply and Mac's is the same guy "Spence McKenzie" and his panels are THE best out there bar none!!! I have used Jeeppanels and they don't hold a candle IMHO
popacom / BILL in KY.:driver:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Many years ago I was driving on I-95 in Miami and I saw some M151's sitting in a lot next to the interstate. I jumped off at the next exit and went back down the service road and stopped at the lot where they were sitting.

They looked like they had just come out of the factory.

The guy who ran the place did not speak very good english but he took me in the office and dialed a number. I spoke to a Latino guy that said the trucks had been assembled from parts that had been bought surplus or bought from private parties.

What was interesting was that he told me a company in South America had bought the tools and dies from the government and was restamping the whole unibody tub of the M151.

Appearently our gooberment had given a butt load of Jeeps to different countries down there but that the bodies rusted out quickly in the humid climate. They could take a new pan and swap the parts off a rusted out vehicle and have an almost new vehicle.

I used to have a business card from the place but it has migrated to a black hole.

panzerjunky

Many years ago I was driving on I-95 in Miami and I saw some M151's sitting in a lot next to the interstate. I jumped off at the next exit and went back down the service road and stopped at the lot where they were sitting.

They looked like they had just come out of the factory.

The guy who ran the place did not speak very good english but he took me in the office and dialed a number. I spoke to a Latino guy that said the trucks had been assembled from parts that had been bought surplus or bought from private parties.

What was interesting was that he told me a company in South America had bought the tools and dies from the government and was restamping the whole unibody tub of the M151.

Appearently our gooberment had given a butt load of Jeeps to different countries down there but that the bodies rusted out quickly in the humid climate. They could take a new pan and swap the parts off a rusted out vehicle and have an almost new vehicle.

I used to have a business card from the place but it has migrated to a black hole.
Man wouldn't it be nice if we could just buy new tubs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks