• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repro custom stickers?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know of a company that can create stickers of a good quality from a .jpg picture or similar computer format? I am interested in putting large (no bigger than 1 foot high) decals of a vehicle's previous unit's logo on it, but haven't found anyone capable of doing that.

Elwenil

As long as the pic is detailed I don't see why a sign company can't do it. Our local sign and sticker shop makes full color decals for the local Fire Depts and such. Might be better to have it in bmp format or something. It depends on the software they are using. If it's a pic of a sticker on something else, it wouldn't be detailed enough though. It would have to be a created image of some sort, like for the web or similar.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Multicolor stickers. Not sure what you mean by "layered", Dave. Need to be relatively weather-resistant, though, since they will be on the outside of a truck.

Elwenil

I think by layered, Dave means multiple layers of vinyl use to make an image. For example, the shield above could be done with the yellow cut out as the entire image and then separate grey, white and black stickers would be applied over it to complete the image. The image on top would probably be best done as a full color printed decal.

Jones

Whatever you need done-- the outfit doing them will like you a lot if your artwork is in a file they can manipulate; such as CorelDraw (.cdr), Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Windows Metafile (.wmf), Encapsulated PostScript (.eps), Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg), to name a few-- so that they can isolate "layers" to do what's called "color seperations" or "half-tones". Vectoring is the standard for creating and moving the image and informing a printer or silk-screen burner where bits of the image/text start and stop and what color value those bits are supposed to be.
A Jpeg for instance, won't work since it's basically a picture of the file image; not the file itself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks