• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request for Ramsey Winch ID and Tips on Removal Procedure

G3isMe

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This Ramsey winch came with my M998 helmet top. Can some of you knowledgeable folks here identify this winch for me. My plan is to remove this with the brackets and install it on my newly GP purchased, yet to be delivered, slant back. It doesn't have much for markings and it looks like the manufacturer's tag has fallen off. I started removing the main bolts holding the bracket to the frame but I am wondering if that is the best route to take vs. removing the winch itself from the bracket first. I am also going to be in the market for a winch control device so a line on those would be welcomed. Any advice or pointing me to a particular piece of reference literature, e.g., a tech memo, to read would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ramsey 1.jpgRamsey 2.jpgRamsey 4.jpgRamsey 3.jpg

riderdan

Control units are available on the auction site whose name must not be spoken. The ones I've seen on HMMWVs are 12000s, but with the military's COTS program it could be something else. It's a little difficult to identify on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks