• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rerouting hydraulic brake lines

Awesome Possum

How did you guys do it? (Yes, I did search!) Wrote a more detailed post and lost it. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! SHould the brake lines go in front of or behind the axle?

BTW, it hit the ground on all fours today! (The truck. Get your mind outta' the gutter, there's only so much room down here!)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you forget where they were when you removed the old line?

joshuaz223

the stock line ended between the axles with a rubber line going forward and back. as long as you placed the axle somewhere in between you should be able to find a rubber line the same length as one side of the old rubber line and use that. if you moved the axle way forward just cut the line three or four inches in front of the axle and reflare the fitting back on.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed the fact(guess) this is a bobber project.

Maybe we need a Bobbed Deuce forum too!

Awesome Possum

I missed the fact(guess) this is a bobber project.

Maybe we need a Bobbed Deuce forum too!
I thought that this was the Bobbed Deuce Forum!

Yes, this is a bobber project. I decided on running the lines behind the axle so they wouldn't get hit by on/off road debris. I did, however, use the rear axle for the truck, not having thought it out that far ahead. I did remove the lines from the front axle, and am remounting those behind the rear axle I used on the truck, and reversing the fittings on the back of the hub that these go into. I'll post some pics when done, maybe it'll help those like me who have never done a project this big.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks