• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rescued M880s

Milt51

I found 2 M880s, one in a GSA auction at a Nebraska college expiemental farm and one a few days later at a local wrecking yard. I plan to restore the '77 and use the '76 for parts since it has no paperwork. I have had the '77 running, just need to get some tires and wheels from the '76 so I can test drive it. I'm really interested in finding out about the covers / shelters the military used on these. Here are some shot of the '77.
Thanks, Milt

Pictures by Milt51 - Photobucket

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That's a nice "Cornbinder" you got it hooked to.

To the best of my foggy recollection most units that had a good supply Sgt. just ordered a civilian camper shell and painted it green (or camo if needed).

The good thing about the Dodges is that they have the 318 in them and you can squeeze a decent amount of HP out of one if you want to upgrade some parts.

nattieleather

Good looking truck....I've seen worse. Get some paint on it and the electrical like new brake lights and you should be good. Have fun with your ride. I beleive the bows, vinyl cover and troop seats out of a M1008 CUCV will work in the Dodge. Or close enough anyway. Also if putting the vinyl top on you need a special "rails" that go around the bed to "snap" the top down. Again you should be able to find some off of a CUCV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks