• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Residue or Parts Truck Needed...

rmgill

So an Army/Navy Store near me want's a Deuce outside. I've discussed it with them and they have a budget of several thousand for it.

The plan is to get a Decent body'd truck and take the engine, transmission and transfer box out as well as the steering wheel, seats and instruments and other things of worth. The bed will be open and the windshield will be up (no glass). We'll get some sheet steel and have it tack welded over the cab area to keep kids out of the cab (liability). The doors will get latched or tackwelded closed too. Then we'll give it a good paint job with some 383 Green, tan and Black Latex (or desert Tan for visibility).

Anyone have a good line on a truck like this? Doesn't need to be a runner.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rmgill,
when you say 'several thousand'???

I've got a guy that might have one you would be interested in. He's asking $4200. The only real problem is it's located on the west coast. In South Lake Tahoe, Ca. Probably way to far to pick up, if you know what I mean.

If its something your guy might be interested in, send me an email. I'll forward several pictures. MOST show the underside of the truck. The one that shows the full truck shows it doesn't have windows, has a soft top and has been 'rode hard and put away wet' several times. But the guy seemed honest enough.

Theres a guy on ebay right now with a duece for sale. He wants $5k. But it includes an M105. Both have covers. It would be a shame to take such a nice rig and turn it into a advertisement sign, but it's available. And its in Maryland. Certainly closer than Ca.

Let me know. jim

n1bnc

There is a place in Lewiston ME with close to 50 deuces if not more. They seem to be holding the ground from escaping. The place is called Schotts harley-davidson. I wished they would take better care of their inventory, but in this scenario, it would work.

rmgill

Given fuel costs, I want to avoid having to ship it more than from a state away from Atlanta, Ga. I'll pester Ted and see if he has one. CSI has one that's apparently rusty but runs that we can probably part out the drive line bits from to make it a decent sign. I don't want to take a good truck and turn it into a sign as this thing will Rust away.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Schotts is a "ya pay yer money, ya takes yer chances" type of place..... Not very friendly to talk to on the phone either....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan, I have a line on one in Montgomery AL if that works. Its almost complete less a bed. PM me if interested and I'll give you the scoop.

rmgill

Hmm, probaly want a Bed. Odd this. Don't care if it doesn't have a motor or transmission, but we need a bed.

rmgill

We can sell parts of the fuel system (pump, gauges, hoses, etc), but not the tank itself. I do have a spare tank, it was collecting a larger than expected amount of algae so it's been swapped and the fuel filtered (double layer of an old terry cloth towel, good for grabbing the water out of the fuel). Since I did that I've found zero water in my primary filter. Nice that.

colyork

I have been to Schotts in person,most of the dueces $3000 to $5000 and it is a take you chance place from what I have seen. It seems also that he is dealing with 5tons more than dueces at this point.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Colyork,
I called Schotts HD yesterday and they said they were NO LONGER affliated with the MV business. They gave me a cell phone number for a guy named Paul. 207-754-9868

Just in case anyone's interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks