• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Residue Trucks

bigjmcconnell

Newb Alert. I've been reading on here and enjoying everyone's stories and input on CUCVs and MVs. I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but I picked up a lot of 5 resuide trucks for parts/scrap mostly. All are M1008 I believe.

Do they stack these things? Almost all the roofs are smashed in and I wondered why? I also remember reading here that they typically drain fluids with a pick but I could't re-find the thread. My EUC cleared after about 30days after purchase and I start picking them up this Friday. I was also goofy enough to buy site unseen so we'll see what I got myself into! Interested in info from anyone who ever bought a lot of residue trucks.
Thanks!
Here's a couple photos from GL.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like you should do pretty good. Pull the driveshafts before you let them load them on your trailer, many guys here need un-bent ones.

ranchhopper

Good buy now you have a wealth of spare parts most can probably be sold here in the classifieds. If they were closer to me I would have put a bid on them but shipping is a deal killer.

linx310

I agree great save. Those trucks will allow several people to complete there trucks and get them back on the road.

Plus you will make a bit of money off the parts.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newb Alert. I've been reading on here and enjoying everyone's stories and input on CUCVs and MVs. I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but I picked up a lot of 5 resuide trucks for parts/scrap mostly. All are M1008 I believe.

Do they stack these things? Almost all the roofs are smashed in and I wondered why? I also remember reading here that they typically drain fluids with a pick but I could't re-find the thread. My EUC cleared after about 30days after purchase and I start picking them up this Friday. I was also goofy enough to buy site unseen so we'll see what I got myself into! Interested in info from anyone who ever bought a lot of residue trucks.
Thanks!
Here's a couple photos from GL.

I bought a pair of residue CUCV trucks from Mechanicsburg site unseen a few years back. One was almost complete except for the seat and front axle. One of the best parts truck I've ever had for the price, had had a recent paint job, all the metal was straight, parted out just about everything including the frame. The other was incomplete but had the axles. The price was cheap enough (855 for both) that even after paying to have them brought back I was happy.
Good Luck.

bigjmcconnell

Thanks for the replies. I've been into Jeeps for a while and wanted a set of those axles. I might build a M1008 too, depending on what parts I end up with but I'll have to buy another for the title.

I'm sure they trashed the driveshafts, but I'll be sure to check. I know those are needed by many. They aren't eactly close-by. About 3 hrs away, and I'll have to make at least 3 trips to transport all 5. They are in Ft Indiantown Gap, PA. Sould make for a fun adventure.

I know one has an engine, and 3 have axles so that's all I know I have so far.:beer:

bigjmcconnell

I got them home! It was a 6 hr round trip drive and I had to make 3 trips. I hauled 2 then 1 then 2. Worked pretty good. They bodies were worked over with the forklift pretty bad so I just had them stack them. I was glad to see they all have drivetrains. I'm going to put up a classified ad for parts:beer: Thanks for the warm welcome. My wife is being cool about these which is a bonus. Not everyone can appreciate the beauty that we see...

Don't mind my sub-standard tiedown method, My chains were too short to do it the way I wanted.

Last edited: