• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Resolved—- I just sheared off my cab lift piston mount!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont get excited just grind the end of the shaft where it broke real flat and just drill and tap the round shaft to 1/2 or 5/8 bolt shaft(thread) and put a metal sleave on the bolt shaft so the lift cylinder doesnt bind any in its small amount of movement and use a big thick washer up at the bolt head ! A 30 min fix tops !

ramdough

Wow, does the cab have a lot of additional weight over a stock rig?
I have a roof rack, headache rack, some other modifications, full interior with lots of sound deadening….. yes, a bit mor weight.

The issue is the bracket bent and pried the shank off.

I safetied the cab with a ratchet strap, and that alone could move the cab back….. but I need Chucky to try to catch it…. So I did not pull very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a roof rack, headache rack, some other modifications, full interior with lots of sound deadening….. yes, a bit mor weight.

The issue is the bracket bent and pried the shank off.

I safetied the cab with a ratchet strap, and that alone could move the cab back….. but I need Chucky to try to catch it…. So I did not pull very much.

Have i got to do everything ? Whens the last time you swept that shop ? You wouldnt notice a dead cat laying in the floor !

Last edited:

ramdough

All,

I just thought of something….. when I take the nuts off of the three bolts that hold the bracket on, what happens to the spring perch? Are there any attachment points besides those three bolts? I did not see any.

My guess is I will need to prop up the truck frame so the weight is off the spring. Any advice?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mount is on the nut side. Leave the bolts in place and pull the mount off. I would take the weight off it with a jack but not lift the tire off the ground so it's not hanging from the spring just to keep the bolts from shifting and potentially making it hard to remove/install the bracket.

ramdough

Mount is on the nut side. Leave the bolts in place and pull the mount off. I would take the weight off it with a jack but not lift the tire off the ground so it's not hanging from the spring just to keep the bolts from shifting and potentially making it hard to remove/install the bracket.

I am thinking I need to block the frame up, but use a bottle jack for fine adjustments..... loosen the bolts and adjust final height until bolts move freely (load is off spring). Clamp bolt head so the bolts stay in the holes and strap spring to the other side just so it does not try to move away from the frame (will know if needed once bolts are loose).

Then swap bracket and reattach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks