• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

resonable expectation of privacy

pooka

Guys,
I'm a newby to this site, but not to life. I'm 50 yrs old, and been in law enforcement most of my adult life('bout 30 yrs) THERE IS NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY on the internet. Any keystroke you type is retrievable. A supeona will get most anything, email, pm, faceebook, twitter,cell phone calls, texts, ect. I learned long ago that technology can be your friend or sink you. How many cell phone pics or vids have led to some cops undoing? Years ago we grabbed cameras at a scene, but now, we'll be on you-tube in a NY minute! Nothing is private/confidential! Go into it w/ that mindset and you will be fine. This is a privately owned forum(thankyou) and as such we are bound by the rules and constrictions instituted, if we don't like it, we can leave. Lets have fun and SHARE INFORMATION (OK that was for me 'cause I AM A NEWBBY) Be safe everyone, Thanks for the info I have gleened so far, J Mark:smile:

randyscycle

I always figure if you live your life as honestly and with as much integrity as possible, then anything anyone discovers about you online shouldn't matter.

I can't say there is anything on the net about me that would cause any problems. I do business there, use it as a reference, belong to many online forums, and generally use it almost daily and no one has tried to come after me, or cause any problems. I know that being in law enforcement has a different angle to it, and needs more privacy than the average person. Still though, the times have changed and information flows in an instant. In some ways its been great, others not so great. Not much way to put the genie back in the bottle now though.

ida34

I brought up the same thing in another post. I dumbed it down a bit to the following:

Do not use PM on SS or other forums for secure communications.

The other veterans and active duty on the site should know all about comsec.

GoHot229

It seems that Chriss and Mike are coming out on the short end of the pole here. I know neither of these Men personally, but I trust that they are Men of integrity.... The recent bru ha ha with a certain member has stired all sorts of speculation, much of which is the rambelings of mal-contented members. There is methods in place where the powers that be (government agencys) are able to retreve any and likely all corespondance that ANYONE makes. As pooka says. This abillity has probably saved untold lives as Law Enforcement exhausts all other avenues of detection. The genesis of this whole subject came about from a singular members choice to battle the administratore here, Chriss. As Chriss stated, many attempts to quell the situation were availed, but ultimatly the member thought it just 'hot air'. I came to this forum about a year ago, and Was caught up in this stuborn behavior and ultimatly disaplined by Chriss. He did not ban me, instead warned me of the consequences of my continued behavior and the harm it could have for the viewing audience, and that weather my views were valid or not, they had no place in Steel Soldiers. Either change my conduct or else...... I chose to change my conduct. Reflecting back on the ultimatum I beleive I would also have presented this ultimatum to me as well. There are just some topics and subjects that are better left to other types of forums. At this point, I think that the dis-contented members should examine what this forum means to them, it's not anyone's personal soapbox, additionally there has been a substantial amount of useing the Forum as an avenue for sales of products, not exactly within the guidelines presented when we all joined the Steel Soldiers Forum, spam ish stuff. I think Chriss and the moderators have handeled this aspect with diplomacy very well. If anything, the moderators ar more tough-eged than Chriss when it comes to misuse of the forum in their dispensing warnings and disipline. As far as the notion that the Administration or the Moderators have been spying.......well mabe if you think that , then theres conspiricy sites to go for discussion of those thoughts. My faith holds with the Administration here and chosen representatives (Moderators) and I will continue to trust them rather than rumors of injustices claimed by members.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks