• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Respect in Holland Michigan

toddbe

Gunnery Sgt Price will be laid to rest in Holland Michigan on Saturday Aug 11. As you may have heard 'that baptist church' is stating they will be there. For those close to Holland it would be great to have a large fleet of MV on the route.

I will be at W.40th and S. Washington. Please feel free to join me.

pyro1955

I wish I could make it, Those members from "That" church tried to screw up, I mean "attend" a service here on the east side last year, about a thousand showed up to make sure they could not affect the services, somehow the group that was planning on attending got out of their hotel rooms in the morning and found that all their tires were flat... crying shame they didn't make it... Hope that happens again....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
RIP Gunny, all gave some, some gave all.

Ref the misguded church (and I use the term in the broadest sense).

The last time they threatened to protest a military funeral they were "no shows".....me thinks they are getting the message that their behavior will not be tolerated.

I aknowlege their right to assemble and peacefully protest as long as they do it out of the sight of the funeral, the procession and the graveside service.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not believe that they will show up.
What they have done though is to ensure that the community will line the streets to honor this fallen hero.

There is a facebook page about this.
https://www.facebook.com/events/120083191471697/

If they do show, I ask that nobody stoops to their level, the best thing that can be done is to Stand in honor of Gunny Price.

Semper Fi

edit:
In Michigan it is now a felony to protest or otherwise engage in disorderly conduct within 500 feet of a funeral, memorial service, viewing, procession or burial.

Last edited:

4x4e350

I rode with the Patriot Guard during Matt Webers Funeral Service in Morley, Mi., and the POS protesters were there then. Beleive me, with the turn out that came, they weren't even noticed, and very peaceful. They ended up leaving only after about 30 minutes of making fools of themselves. I will be in Holland if I don't have to work!

toddbe

Bob - everybody that I have talked to feels the same way as you. We will stand there, silent in full respect of 'the one who gave it all' for us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks