• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

restocking fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbranchcreek

Hi everyone, i recently purchased a part for my m35a2 from a supplier. when i got it home i realized it was wrong and not even for a m35. when i tried to return it i was told it would be 30 percent restock fee. so i decided to take shear pins for my winch to get my money back. when i got home realized they were wrong too. is it rite to sell the wrong parts and then collect 30% and i no they just threw it back into the crate with the rest of the parts they dont no what there for. sorry for spelling and whatever else i did wrong but my blood presure is up

jbayer

If you ordered the wrong parts,(you're error) yes they would be entitled to a restock fee, if that's their policy.
If you ordered the right parts, but they sent the wrong parts, (their error) no, they should not charge a restock fee, and I'd contest it.

Most places(not all) I've dealt with won't charge the restocking fee when I ordered the wrong item(s), as long as I'm just exchanging and not just getting a refund.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did they give you the part you requested or give you a different part than you requested ?
If you ordered ( or told them the wrong part ) you should pay it . If it was on their end they exchange for the correct part without fees , just the correct price difference.

10Lugger

30% ? Who charges 30% ? I have bought thousands of parts for vehicles over the last 30+ years, and never heard of such an exorbitant fee. Did they tell you up front.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please clarify if you walking into the supplier or if you ordered the item and had it shipped. You first post is confusing.

Also did you give them the part number or did they look it up?

hbranchcreek

Called them on phone told them what I needed they said they had so I went and picked it up maybe I should have realized it was wrong but it looked the same I think the part they gave me was for a 5 ton or bigger

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
30% seems a tad high. Agree with others, your mistake, you pay. Their mistake, they don't collect. Might be time to look for another supplier. Those that do not provide what they say, and how they say, aren't on my purchase list any longer. Mistakes happen, we all make them, it's just a matter of how they will be corrected. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and your cash is yours till you give it away. That being said, if you have a military vehicle supplier close by? maybe you should attempt to rectify the situation in a gentlemanly manner. 2cents
God bless,
Tony

hbranchcreek

When I took it back they couldn't tell we what it was for they said the crate they got it from said m35 then they brought out 5 more and they were all different had my truck for 12 years and bout a lot of parts with no problems till this back to my trusted suppliers

10Lugger

Called them on phone told them what I needed they said they had so I went and picked it up maybe I should have realized it was wrong but it looked the same I think the part they gave me was for a 5 ton or bigger
I took back my old part so they could match it up but they couldn't find anything that's when the 30 percent came in when I ask for a refund

You told them what you were looking for and what it came from, and they said they had it. Then you went to pick it up and it resembled what you needed, so you paid for it, only to find out that when you went to attach it was not right. So you took it back to them, along with the correct match and they could not match up. Then they told you sorry we BS'ed you in saying we had the part you need..........but didn't. Sold you something you couldn't use, let you drive to them twice. Then had the nads say bend over and pay 30% for the privileged to deal with me. Please pm me the seller so I can steer clear.

ATPTac

You told them what you were looking for and what it came from, and they said they had it. Then you went to pick it up and it resembled what you needed, so you paid for it, only to find out that when you went to attach it was not right. So you took it back to them, along with the correct match and they could not match up. Then they told you sorry we BS'ed you in saying we had the part you need..........but didn't. Sold you something you couldn't use, let you drive to them twice. Then had the nads say bend over and pay 30% for the privileged to deal with me. Please pm me the seller so I can steer clear.
I agree... If this was truly on the seller, I'd like to know who it is so I can avoid them. PM me who it is so I can steer clear as well.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Concur, everyone on this website needs to know who this was so we can ALL avoid them. Absolute BS for them charging a restocking fee...not to mention 30%.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Concur, everyone on this website needs to know who this was so we can ALL avoid them. Absolute BS for them charging a restocking fee...not to mention 30%.
Agreed.

Of course there are always two sides to every story but if this side of the story is factual (and I have no reason to doubt it) then the vendor/seller should make good on the part or refund the money...without a fee.

I would also like to have a PM about who the seller is because I don't like to deal with poopoo heads!

I do have one question though. What part did you buy originally? I'm just trying to figure out what part for an M35A2 you could buy that they could bring out five other ones and they were all different from yours? It must have been a relatively small part to take some sheer pins in exchange?

Not challenging the OP in any way...just curious.

Last edited:

hbranchcreek

Thanks for the replies, I posted this hoping the supplier would see it and realize how ridiculous and bad business it was. There a major vendor on here that's why I didn't post who it was. You need to know what you're selling we all make mistakes but you can't sell the wrong part then want to make a profit on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks