• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

restocking fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

F18hornetM

I agree. I have been buying truck parts for 30 years [fleet maintenance] and have never had a vendor, who gave me the wrong part, charge a restock fee. I too would like to know who does that.
I have had a vendor charge a restock fee on a part that my parts man gave them the part # and they ordered. Only to find out it was the wrong side. Needless to say he gives them the VIN number now and lets them look it up.

mbehne

Been in business for quite some time and I can say I have never charged a restock fee to a customer. We sell a lot of wholesale to other local dealers who give us the P/N and if they muff up, they rarely ask. If they do and unless it was a odd ball, special order, I'll fix them up. About the only thing I have gotten stickier about is electronics, as everybody thinks they can buy the part, install it and if the problem still exists bring it back for the next on their list. Besides the very high probability of damage from other malfunction components makes it hard. JMHO

Kloakndagr

Three pages and still no mention of a vender? Kinda waste of time reading this without an end to the story so that others don't buy, or at least give the vender an opportunity to respond.

10Lugger

I agree. I have been buying truck parts for 30 years [fleet maintenance] and have never had a vendor, who gave me the wrong part, charge a restock fee. I too would like to know who does that.
I have had a vendor charge a restock fee on a part that my parts man gave them the part # and they ordered. Only to find out it was the wrong side. Needless to say he gives them the VIN number now and lets them look it up.
Brand new special ordered parts are one thing, in stock new parts another and used parts still another. I believe any restocking fee is purely discretionary............period. Requiring a customer to pay 30% restocking fee is well over the top of standard business practice.

Been in business for quite some time and I can say I have never charged a restock fee to a customer. We sell a lot of wholesale to other local dealers who give us the P/N and if they muff up, they rarely ask. If they do and unless it was a odd ball, special order, I'll fix them up. About the only thing I have gotten stickier about is electronics, as everybody thinks they can buy the part, install it and if the problem still exists bring it back for the next on their list. Besides the very high probability of damage from other malfunction components makes it hard. JMHO

Well stated: Electrical components are a tricky dealing. But most sellers tell you up front (no return if installed ) for new and (as is ) for used. If you sell enough used parts to the public and couldn't bench test it first before selling, and they bought it and it didn't work. Then a good seller would refund and chalk it up to the price of doing business, or seller would sell as is, no return. Ether way, it should be detailed at point of sale.

hbranchcreek

Thank you every one for you're post. what I have learned talking to other members is these big suppliers forget who got them there me and you buying parts. We need to support the small guys that sell parts a reasonable prices and care about customer satisfaction no big company's that want to line there pockets at the cost of there customers. Anyone who would like to no who the seller is pm me. Thank you to a great site and great people.

hbranchcreek

This must have grabbed some attention I was contacted by the seller they said they found the proper shear pins an are going to mail them. Problem is I only got them to avoid the 30%

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not understanding your last post. Did you get the 30% refunded? Are they giving you the correct shear pins free of charge to make things right?

You can use the feedback system about this transaction if you wish.

Last edited:

hbranchcreek

I took the shear pins to avoid paying 30% restocking on the incorrect worm gear. The pins they gave me were wrong too. Now they say they have the rite pins and are sending them to me. Hopefully there rite and we can put this to rest.

F18hornetM

As long as your happy with the transaction that's great. They really should give you an option though. Money back or other parts you may want/need and were going to buy anyway.

10Lugger

I took the shear pins to avoid paying 30% restocking on the incorrect worm gear. The pins they gave me were wrong too. Now they say they have the rite pins and are sending them to me. Hopefully there rite and we can put this to rest.

Looks like they are trying to square things up. Hope it all pans out and you get things working again. Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.