• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration of my M35A2

Lonewolf879

Well i have been working on my baby all summer just finished up painting her with a nice semi gloss USMC forest green from rapco. Got my bow set from Troy down in SD and allot of other things from him with promt service and shipping!!! All i need now is the cargo cover which i am having a heck of a time finding a green or 3 color one all i seem to find online is tan which i do not want. I am trying to make my M35A2 as close as i can to what the USMC used in vietnam to be used by our Marine Corps League in parades. Here are a few pics of the truck after i finished up painting today. But if anyone knows where i can get a decent green cargo cover please help me out i would really appreciate it!

Attachments

Lonewolf879

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Vietnam truck would almost certainly have a canvas cargo cover, not the vinyl ones. I'm pretty sure they didn't have any 3 color ones unless it was a field expedient job. I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any pics showing that kind of cover. I have a 3 color cover that needs some minor repairs, but I don't think that's what you need. The canvas ones pop up from time to time, you just have to check around.

hawkeyepoole

here's a quick clue for the top. buy a 5 ton top and have an upholstery shop cut it down. A 5 ton bed is a 2.5 ton bed extended. I bought a 5 ton CANVAS top from SaturnSurplus.com for $200 and paid $80 to have it cut down. It looks awesome and gives me the Vietnam era look I'm looking for. I'll attach a picture. I couldn't find any more tops at Saturn Surplus, but call him and ask.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks