• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration underway

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, if you are GOING TO BE SELLING! (which I don't think you will be, but I did want to put "dibbs" on her! LOL)

God bless,
Tony

ranchhopper

I get the pleasure of driving them around a while and the feeling of accomplishing something then pass it along to someone else to enjoy Tony your first on the list.

ranchhopper

Had the NDts put on the rims last week so I finally got them put on the jeep still some problems to solve generator not charging the battery for one and carb problems. The carb was just rebuilt at a well known rebuild shop and after putting it back on the same problem again after 1/3 throttle it wont accelerate anymore stumbles and occasionally backfires. I pulled the plate out of the distributor and the weights were free not froze up the jeep starts great and idles good and accelerates up to a certain point then just starts to stumble any suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

ryan77

Looks good with those ndts! Could be a valve train issue! Did u make sure the dist isnt one tooth off??

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spark get weak as rpm increases? Coil? Just throwin that out there. Missed timing? Sorry can't be of any real help Kevin. Jeep is looking sa-weet though! NDT's look great.

God bless,
Tony

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, Kevin, any news? Hope ya got it figured out! Ya always do great work, and I can't see that changin on the Jeep.

God bless,
Tony

Heath_h49008

Just things that pop to mind with high RPM issues... timing, ignition advance, valve float, fuel starvation, exhaust restriction, and a worn cam limiting valve lift.

Hope it helps.

ranchhopper

Well the restoration on my 49 CJ3A M38 clone is done I have been driving it around and its a great little vehicle its going to do its first parade next week. I still have a whine in the trans I will probably take it out and rebuild it while the jeep is parked for the winter I replaced the master cylinder and adjusted the brakes no thats all working as it should. The timing issue I fixed by removing the oil pump and moving the distributor drive gear over one tooth the distributor was no good the weights wouldnt advance the timing so I bought a new distributor with the electronic ignition already installed so now it runs great too here is a few pics of the finished product.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks