• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

restore autosave

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happened again. All looks ok, I seem to be logged in, start write a reply, then decide to "go advanced" and suddenly up comes the warning it is not possible because the token has expired (and yes, the remember me box is always checked). Reload, or back button or whatever, but my carefully formulated text is out. Happened also in other situations. Sometimes I see the auto-save flash by so my text should be somewhere.

Now the big question is: HOW DO I RESTORE FROM AUTO-SAVE?

Probably very simple, but I could not find it and search also came up empty handed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like you're having cookie issues with your machine's browser. I'd suggest deleting cookies and logging back into the site. The restore is an automated feature, that also needs the browser to work just so to allow it to display the text you just had upon a page reload.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the fact that I have about 12 or more tabs open while working might play bugger also. Some of the text of already posted stuff stays in the reply section, but this one stayed empty regardless what I tried. O well, lose a few.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had this happen. After logging back in I backed up to the original page and the text was still there. YMMV.

Good luck.