• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

restored a pioneer tool trailer?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone here restore a pioneer tool trailer, AND get all the stuff for the inside to complete the resto? I have seen manuals telling of the contents, drawings of where everything should go. Just wondering if anyone went all the way, and can provide detailed pics of everything in its place.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have 2 of those trailer an i have a list of all the tools . big drill and bits . large saws . generator. grinders. cords, lights.. if you had to buy all of those it would be costly for sure. inside is the tags locating all the spots that the tools go.. i would like to see some original pics of the inside of the trailer to show us just what it looked like.. lets hope someone has some old time pics to share :beer:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, tim, I know a full on resto of one with all the pieces must be expensive. But I know there has to be someone with one somewhere. Think of the guys who completely restored the R2A crash trucks with all the accessories, machine shop trucks, heck there was a guy at Gilbert a few years back who got all the pieces and parts for his M1031 contact truck, that had to run some bux.

Attachments

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see one completely decked out as well! I have the long one, but it needs a bit of work on the rear doors. The shell is in good shape and the gulls have the hinges to hold them open. I am missing the reels though. I looked online for them but they were out. I have a set of the auger bits and the generator, but nothing else so far. I have manuals but I am not sure if I can email them (they are large files). I have attached one that I found. If you need them, PM me and I will try and email.
There was many different configurations of these from talking to different people. Electrical, Logging, etc. You could probably make up your own stuff and no one would be able to dispute that it was used that way, but I am a purest and I like things the way the military got them.
You are both right about the cost of equipment for them. Very High.
I would like to have the armadillo trailer (the small one). There are one of each for sale on ebay, but they are in Montana. Too long of a drive.

I am looking forward to seeing if anyone posts pics of a completed one.

Attachments